What if you could miraculously wake up tomorrow and transform every area of your life? There is a ‘not-so-obvious’ secret that is guaranteed to do this faster than you ever thought possible. Hal Elrod, the author of The Miracle Morning, promises that it only takes six minutes a day. Seriously?
One of the most important concepts ever discovered in the field of human performance is called the “winning edge concept.” This concept states that “small differences in ability can translate into enormous differences in results.” Simply, how you wake up each day dramatically affects your level of success in every single area of your life. Intentional mornings generate productive days leading to a stellar life. Why would you ever choose mediocracy?
An extraordinary life is all about daily, continuous improvements in the areas that matter most. – Robin Sharma
For you to stop settling for less than you deserve and to create the level of personal, professional, and financial success you desire, you must dedicate time each day to becoming qualified and capable of creating what you want.
Hal’s advice begins with establishing a morning routine of six practices for six minutes:
1. Silence – Get grounded. Sit in silence, meditate and focus on your breath to achieve clarity and peace of mind.
2. Affirmation – Jot down what you want and why, who you are committed to being, and what you’re committed to doing to change your life. Read daily.
3. Visualization – Align your thoughts and feelings with your vision. Mentally rehearse what it feels like to achieve your future goals.
4. Exercise – Motion creates energy. Manage your emotions, enhance your health, self-confidence, and mental acuity.
5. Learning – Read something for your personal development from experts, those who have done what you want to do.
6. Writing – Journal. Get your thoughts down on paper to gain valuable insights, ideas, breakthroughs, and lessons learned.
Whether you’re an early bird or night owl, how you spend the first hour of your day becomes key to unlocking your full potential and creating the amazing life and career you desire. When you create a morning practice, you change your entire life. My friend, it’s worth passing on the snooze button. Rise up!
Resource: The Miracle Morning: The not so obvious secret guaranteed to transform your life before 8 AM, by Hal Elrod.